[NEW ZX81 GAME RELEASE] - Mage: The Enchanted Crystals (2018)

ZX-Team Forum
Antworten
revivalstudios
User
[NEW ZX81 GAME RELEASE] - Mage: The Enchanted Crystals (2018)

Beitrag von revivalstudios » 13.05.2018, 14:54

Hi guys,

It has been a few years since my latest release on the Sinclair ZX81 and Commodore PET, but I am happy ' to finally announce a new game for these platforms, called Mage: The Enchanted Crystals

While working on his latest and powerful spell,Wizzy's father was being watched by others. As a precaution, he captured the spell inside a crystal and divided it into 4 pieces, which he buried inside the mines, just south of your village. It is now up to you to collect these pieces and bring them together inside the enchanted chest to ensure the spell doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

In contrast to my previous games for these systems, which were a bit smaller and very arcade like, this is a more complex game with a larger world to explore.

Game Trailer:
https://youtu.be/FLgYkRLsWqY

Update 1: Now updated with native Chroma81 color support!!!
Update 2: Trailer now available

Screenshots:
Bild

Bild

Chroma81 - Screenshots:
Bild

Bild

Review Video:

Here is a review video of the game by Villordsutch: https://youtu.be/a5kV1H9kn20

The game is available as Cassette Tape Kit and as a Digital Download.

Bild

For more information about the game, please check out: http://www.revival-studios.com/sinclair.php

Expect more new releases for the Sinclair ZX81 later this year.
Please tell all your ZX81 friends to join my newsletter via the the website to don't miss out on the latest developments!

Enjoy this new release!

- Martijn / Revival Studios
Zuletzt geändert von revivalstudios am 06.06.2018, 20:52, insgesamt 6-mal geändert.
www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios) for the latest information about my upcoming projects

Jens
User

Re: [NEW ZX81 GAME IN DEVLOPMENT] - Mage

Beitrag von Jens » 14.05.2018, 12:25

Hey Martijn.

We are happy - your Games are fantastic and I play them quit often!

Many Greetings
Jens
Der ZX81 rechnet mit allem, nur nicht mit seinem Besitzer...
Neues aus der KI-Welt... Die Automate kann sich selbst essen.

revivalstudios
User
Re: [NEW ZX81 GAME IN DEVLOPMENT] - Mage: The Enchanted Crystals

Beitrag von revivalstudios » 18.05.2018, 11:21

Great to hear Jens!

Devlopment of the game is nearing completion, I've been playtesting it for the last couple of days and i am excited about the release as it is my largest game on the ZX81 so far.

Also, just letting you guys know that the digital downloads for my other games are now available via http://revivalstudios.itch.io, so you can donate whatever you like for most stuff and try the other games yourself.

Same goes for the other platforms like the Commodore PET, Commodore VIC20 (and C16/+4, C64 and Speccy in the near future) for those interested.
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios) for the latest information about my upcoming projects

revivalstudios
User
Re: [NEW ZX81 GAME RELEASE] - Mage: The Enchanted Crystals (2018)

Beitrag von revivalstudios » 23.05.2018, 13:26

The game has been completed and has been released today for the Sinclair ZX81 (as well as the Commodore PET).

I've updated the original topic to reflect that, I hope you guys will like the game.

Please support new game development for the ZX81 and tell all your ZX81 friends to join my newsletter via the the website to don't miss out on the latest developments!

Kind regards,

revivalstudios
User

Beitrag von revivalstudios » 02.06.2018, 03:27

Hi guys,

First of all thank you for those of you who are interested in my ZX81 game(s)

After the release of the game, i went on to work on adding Chroma81 interface support to the game. This is an interface that adds color to the ZX81. More about this interface can be found on this website: http://www.fruitcake.plus.com/Sinclair/ ... erface.htm

It was a lot more work than i expected of optimising to make everything fit, but i managed to use every byte saved for enhancing the colors in this game, as well as fixing several minor issues in the original game (like some minor collision fixes).

The update has now been uploaded to itch.io (just re-download the game) will ofcourse be free to you guys (contact me if you have problems re-downloading the game)

I personally think this is a nice showcase game for the Chroma81, so I hope you will like it as well.
You can run it on hardware or via emulator (e.g. EightyOne), just make sure you have your contrast set correctly so it shows a nice contrast between darker and bright colors.

Mage was by far the biggest and most difficult title to adapt, and i wanted it to really showcase the features of the Chroma81 Interface.

Enjoy!

PS> I've added Chroma81 screenshots and a playthrough video of the original game to the first post.

revivalstudios
User

Beitrag von revivalstudios » 06.06.2018, 20:52

Trailer is now online at: http://youtu.be/FLgYkRLsWqY

Antworten